jeudi 29 avril 2021

Flowers

 

Flowers

Nearly there! Curtailment of the markets, and length of journeys, at the moment has meant I’ve had to get plants from the couple of local garden centres, which has restricted my choice of what flowers to plant somewhat. That situation is complicated by the fact I tend to get into argumens with myself about what to buy and plant where; and I tend to lose the arguments. However………..the remaining container on the balcony is now planted, as is another of the hanging baskets, the couple of vacant slots in the front have been filled and the rather careworn pansies from the hanging basket have been reansplanted across the road. What remains is to decide what goes in the one remaining hanging basket and then to find spaces in the back garden for whatever is left over. Even I should be able to manage that. I’ve also got climbing nasturtiums and morning glory seeds sprouting on the kitchen windowsill as well as a couple of pots with chilli plants in them. Alongside the existing pot of chives; I’ll worry about where to put the nasturtiums and morning glory later. The chives supplement the sage, mint, oregano and winter savory in the herb patch in front and I’ve planted some ginger among the itises opposite as an experiment. Mad Englishman indeed! It all makes sense to me (sort of).

Also over is my camera problem so here are a couple of photos, of the the back garden and the clematis and rose in the pot beside the wash-house which I’ve decided to take over from the village auuthorities, 10 yards along the road and opposite my house.


 




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire