samedi 2 octobre 2021

Rémuzat

 

Rémuzat

The Amitiés Mollanaises organised a stay in Rémuzat this week with people from around the area, Sarrians, Beaume de Venise, etc, for general relaxation and a boules tournament. Rémuzat is an hour’s drive north of here, in the foothills of the Alps, where vultures were successfully re-introduced a few decades ago. The stay was very enjoyable for everyone, I think, made the more so for me by my winning the boules tournament. During the stay some of us drove up to a small plateau at 2000ft to see the birds in their habitat. It was a magnificent sight. At first there were just 5-6 eagles coasting through the air below us and then, suddenly, a dozen vultures in the sky above us. I had been told that the vultures couldn’t take off until the air had warmed sufficiently to create updrafts and clearly that moment had then come. It was a bit different from the sparrows, nuthatches and tits I see on the bird feeders on my balcony. I took some photos but the vultures, large as they are, came out as mere specks in the sky. Anyway, the scenery allowed itself to be photographed. Must get myself a better camera (or a better photographer).

 



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire